Visiting London
Last year I went tlondono London to visit some friends of mine. They had moved to London the year earlier on a working holiday program (They are from canada). They’ve since got jobs there and stayed. I hadn’t even been to Europe because it tends to be expensive for Americans. That Euro is just too strong but since I had a free place to stay, I figured this was probably my best opportunity to go.

I took two weeks off from work and went over. I know two weeks isn’t a long time but I’m American and we don’t get a lot of vacation time. Anyways, I went over there and I was a bit dissapointed by London. I had always heard so much about the city that I was expecting this amazing plus, but like always, the image in your head never lives up to the reality of the place you are visiting.  But London was a big dissapointment. It was expensive, it was boring, it was cold- and I mean the people not the weather. Everything was ultra expensive if you wanted to go out. It was 20 pounds for the London Eye!!  Rediculous. It seemed like a great place to go to if you were right but for us normal people, anything more than like 2 days there is just too pricey.

Don’t get me wrong- I did shell out the money for stuff. I went to the Tower of London, paid to see westminster abbey and the parliament and of course lots of beers! I did really enjoy how all the museums were free. London is awash in musuems and they made for an awesome way to spend the day. I bounced in and out of like 4 musuems while I was there. It rocked.

Luckily, my friends took some time off too and I managed to get out of the big smoke. We headed to Cornwall since it was June and the weather was pretty good. Cornwall was what I thought when I thought of England. I mean there was lush landscape, lots of farms, small towns, quant little homes, and green space. It seemed like England. And compared to London everyone was much friendlier and things were much cheaper.

Overall, I really enjoyed the England. I loved cornwall. London was nice to visit but I’m not sure I would want to live there. It seems like a fun place to go but the people weren’t so friendly. Cornwall, however, was a place I loved and would move to in a second!!

And if I can ever figure out how to get photos on this site, I’ll add some from my trips!!